If you must cancel your appointment, it must be done, at least, 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. If you do not cancel within this time or do not show for a scheduled appointment, you are responsible for the administrative cancellation fee of $35.00 for medication check appointments or $50.00 for therapy appointments. Your insurance carrier will not pay this fee. This fee must be paid prior to rescheduling any further appointments.
If you cancel with less than 48 hours’ notice or no show for two (2) appointments in six (6) month time frame with your therapist or psychiatrist, either provider reserves the right to discontinue care and refer you to seek care with another coordinating provider
Payment for Services
Serene Minds, LLC, accepts most insurance plans that contain mental health coverage. You are responsible for paying the co-pay, deductible and the co-insurance for your health plan as dictated by the Explanation of Benefits provided by your insurance company. Your co-pay must be paid at the time of service. Please pay your co-pay prior to being seen. If you do not have your co-pay with you, your appointment may be rescheduled. Serene Minds, LLC accepts cash, checks, VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express cards. Serene Minds, LLC reserves the right to make changes to this fee schedule without client notice.
1. Insurance coverage for outpatient behavioral health services can be different from coverage for medical visits to a physician. To insure you are aware of what type of coverage you have, we strongly suggest you verify your benefits for outpatient mental health coverage by calling your insurance carrier. When speaking with your insurance carrier you should consider asking the following:
- What types of behavioral health services are covered?
- Can I receive services through Serene Minds, LLC?
- Is Serene Minds, LLC an approved provider?
- Do I need an authorization number to bring with me to the first session?
- Is there a co-pay? How much do I need to pay for the first session? After that?
- How many sessions am I allowed in one year?
2. Serene Minds, LLC will do it’s best to verify your insurance coverage before services begin. Any additional authorizations needed as services continue are obtained by Serene Minds, LLC, unless the insurance carrier requires you to call for the additional authorizations. It is the insurance carrier’s responsibility to explain your benefits to you.
3. Please be aware that:
- Most insurance companies do not pay the entire fee for outpatient behavioral health services.
- You will be held responsible for the remainder of the fees under the terms of your insurance.
- If insurance coverage terminates prior to the completion of your service, you will be responsible for payment of the continuation of services.
Out-of-pocket Fee Schedule
Serene Minds is committed towards making it easier for patients without health insurance to access behavioral health care at very nominal out-of-pocket rates. Here is the simplified list of our fee schedule for the most common offered services. Please call our office to verify the latest out-of-pocket fee schedule before starting treatment.
Psychiatric Assessment $250.00 Therapy Intake $150.00
Medication Check $115.00 Therapy Follow-up $110.00 – $135.00
To assess the yearly cost of your treatment, you will need a rough estimate of the frequency of visits (as determined by your provider).
If the provider is seeing you every 6 months, you will require 2 visits per year.
If the provider is seeing you every 3 months, you will require 4 visits per year.
If the provider is seeing you once every month, you will require 12 visits per year.
If the provider is seeing you two times per month, you will require 24 visits per year.
If the provider is seeing you once per week, you will require 52 visits per year.
For example, if the medication management provider (Psychiatrist or Nurse Practitioner) sees you once every month (after your first visit), then your total cost of yearly treatment would be $250 (for the first visit) + 11 x $115 (for the follow-ups) = $1515.00
If you are having difficulty estimating your out-of-pocket costs, you may contact our office to request a Good Faith Estimate of Services. For more information on “No Surprises Act” and Good Faith Estimate, please visit the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) website.
Serene Minds, LLC, does not disclose to any person outside the agency that you have used our services or disclose any identifying information about you. All records and information are kept in strict confidence, within legal limits. However, Federal and State laws require us to share information under certain circumstances, listed below
- Information is shared if there is a suspicion of child abuse or neglect of children, elderly and/or disabled persons.
- Information is shared with medical personnel in a medical emergency.
- Information is shared with state or local authorities, as well as persons threatened to be harmed, in order to prevent or report a threat or a crime committed against property or person. As per Delaware’s state case law, it is the Agency’s “duty to warn” of imminent harm, defined specifically as per an individual or if a general threat is made.
- Information is shared if it is required by court order.
- Information is shared as per fee collection.
Professional agencies can review records to make sure that Serene Minds, LLC is providing you with high quality services and that we meet our contractual agreements. The agencies that review records for this purpose are health insurance carriers, State of Delaware departments, the Council on Accreditation, auditors, and other funding and regulatory agencies